Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hong Kong Express

I think we are officially done with the stomach flu around here. It attacked Ken over the weekend resulting in his cancelling of class yesterday and a constant close proximity to the toilet. But, we're all back on our feet, so to speak, so we went to the local Chinese restaurant to "celebrate".
Anytime we go out to eat it's a humbling experience. Our kids are loud and usually make a mess. We've been to the Hong Kong Express before so they already "know" us there. They have a family special that includes an amazing amount of food for a very low price.
They have a large statue of Confucius (I think), maybe it's Buddha, I should probably just ask. Last time we went here Brad called it a "robot". This time we walked into the place and Brad said, "Look at the monster!" Ken quickly ushered the 3 kids over to a table while I ordered the food.
As I'm ordering I hear Ken say, "Oh no!! Don't move!". I look over and Brad has accidentally spilled a bottle of soy sauce all over Sky's white shirt and skirt. You can imagine how that went over.
I brought the food over to the table and Sky asks, "Why didn't they give us chapsticks?" Hmmmm. Where to begin? It's not chapsticks, it's chopsticks. And we probably didn't get any because we insulted their statue and can't eat rice well with a fork, never mind chopsticks!

3 comments:

Pepere and Memere said...

Maybe nextime they see you coming, they'll offer free take-home! Hahaha
No, really guys this is what family memories are made of... (and grandparents can share this with their friends! We really love you lots! XOXOXOXOX

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Lori,

This had me giggling cuz I know this first-hand. Last time I went for Chinese food, Amy and I took all the kiddos for lunch to celebrate little Josh's birthday. Oh man, they dropped so much food... no matter how hard we tried. I even had a catch bib on Natalie, but it was no match for those jello squares they serve on the buffet. When we were done, I got down on the floor with a package of wipies and picked up half the buffet off it!!! The kids must have dropped a dozen of those jello cubes. Too gross, but too funny! With five kids under the age of five, Amy and I were exhausted! lol Eating out is hard work!!! :o)

Mom & Bill said...

Don't know if you were laughing at the time but this is a very funny story, Lori! (And you thought you were feeling better and out to celebrate!) If I was sitting there with all of that going on, I would have been cracking up! (Easy for me to say, right?) Like the evening in your LR when things seemed to go from bad to worse in no time at all. I still laugh about that.