Monday, January 17, 2011

The L.A. Zoo

The jaguar was very active, pacing all around.
I know you're not supposed to feed the animals but we had to feed these...


There were so many flamingos!










The alligator at the play area was a big hit!






The hippo was super cool. He was submerged completely underwater but would surface every so often for air.















My friend Jolene and her 3 boys went with me and my 3 kids to the L.A. Zoo on Saturday. I don't think we had been to the zoo since I was pregnant with Lila. It was a beautiful 80 degree day so it was pretty crowded. There was a lot of walking and I was thrilled that my ankle did pretty well (I've been struggling with tendonitis).
We saw lots of interesting animals. Brad's favorite was the alligators, Sky liked the swans and the flamingos, I really enjoyed the giraffes, and we were able to see the recently opened elephant area. The kids also enjoyed a neat play area within the zoo and although we packed our lunches and snacks, we did spring for some ice cream. We were all exhausted by the end of the day but it was great fun.

2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Oh wow, 80 degree weather, short sleeves and sun dresses, walking around the zoo with friends...makes me dream of Spring (its raining ice here as I write)! Thanks for reminding me of what I have to look forward to. ;o) Love you all...such cute pics of your little ones. :o) Jess

Mom & Bill said...

Soo glad you all were able to go to the zoo. (Lila's 1st time out of utero. LOL!) Would have loved to see her face when she saw the animals! Although, perhaps a bit challenging with such a parent/child ratio, good that the walking was OK for you, Lori. Brad knew what shirt to wear. LOL. I like the swans and flamingos, too, Sky. Great weather; I am envious.