Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cemeteries and Birthdays

Whenever we go to preschool, we always drive by a cemetery. The other day Sky asked what that place was (she saw flowers and balloons there) and I said that's where dead people are buried. Then I elaborated, "Just their bodies" because we've talked a bit about heaven and how that's where we go when we die, etc. Well, Sky didn't make the connection I was trying to convey and she responded knowingly by saying, "Yeah, not their heads." Pretty funny.
We've been very busy with birthday parties this month. Last week we went to a Mickey and Friends party for her friend Timi (and his brother Michael). This week we are going to her friend Kelli's birthday party which is themed after the tv show "Good Eats" and the kids will be making their own pizzas. Next week she will go to a party for her friend Sammi at an amusement park called Adventure City. And she had to turn down a birthday pool party for her preschool friend Lara because of conflicts with another birthday party! She has quite the life...

4 comments:

Pepere and Memere said...

And her Dad's birthday is right around the corner too! She's quite the social butterfly isn't she. I wonder what Lila will be like...... Hummmmmm......?

Pepere and Memere said...

Boy Lori! you have such a busy schedule, and you spend alot of quality time with the children.
I'm very proud of you. DAD

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

OMG, that was funny! I had pretty much the same conversation with Julia last summer. She balked for a second and then said, "Without their skin? I dont want to leave my skin!" I giggled about that for quite some time. :o) Dont ya just love them?!

Mom & Bill said...

I told our Bible study group the cemetary story and everyone had quite a laugh. Some of us have grandchildren so we often share funny stories. Also on Fri. night we lifted Jim & his fam. up in prayer and the sale of your car, too. Love ya!