Sunday, April 19, 2009

Will I die if I eat this?

Lately Sky has been very interested in what things she should and should not eat. She probably asks me 100 questions a day about this topic (I'm not kidding). Here's how a typical conversation might go (these are all real examples of things that she actually said):
Sky: Mommy will I die if I eat the pit in this plum?
Mom: No but it might hurt your tummy.
Sky: Would I get sick?
Mom: You might. It won't taste good.
Sky: What if just a piece of the pit fell off and I ate it?
Mom: It might give you a tummy ache.
Sky: What if I ate shampoo-would I die then?
Mom: No. But you might get sick. It won't taste good.
Sky: Mommy, I think I just ate some air. Will I get sick from that?
Mom: You can't eat air.
Sky: Well, I just did. Will I get sick?
Mom: You can't get sick from eating air because you can't eat air.
Sky: Well I feel like I have a tummy ache from it.
I'm so glad that Sky is an inquisitive, imaginative 4 year old but sometimes the constant verbal battering is just exhausting. She starts talking the moment she wakes up in the morning and there is no rest until she goes to sleep at night.

2 comments:

Christine Monafu said...

I love this! You are such a good mommy. I would just tell Timi to leave me alone... ;)

Heather said...

SO where do you think she gets her chattiness from, hm? She sounds like her brain works overtime. : ) Mommy and Daddy's brains combined! So glad the cousins got time together - isn't that so special? Is the piano pic from Kenny's mom's place? The piano looked familiar. So glad you had time in CT!!