Sunday, August 7, 2011

Quassy!

While we were in CT, my dad and his wife Jeanne took us all to a wonderful amusement park called Quassy. I remember going here when I was a kid! It was perfect for our kids as the rides were all very tame. Brad's favorite ride was the train. He rode this thing around the park about 5 times.
The nice thing about the rides was that the kids could ride on them without the adults! I totally remember some of these rides from when I went here as a kid myself.
They just built a new wooden coaster called The Wooden Warrior and Sky and Jeanne went on that one together. Sky loves roller coasters and fast rides. She also went on a pretty fast water slide!
After lunch the kids had fun playing in this play area.

This was a smaller roller coaster in the kiddie area that Sky rode about 7 times. Lila even rode it with her twice. The boats are just classic!We also saw an amazing acrobatics show!It was such a beautiful day with such great scenery. I really miss this kind of landscape which is virtually nonexistent in California. Pepere bought some fish food and enjoyed feeding the fish with the kids.Sky and Brad went down this huge slide a few times. The saddest moment of the day was when Brad was turned away from riding the bumper cars because he didn't meet the height requirements. He had been looking forward to the bumper cars all day and was very upset. Everytime Sky and I came by him in our bumper car he would start crying louder. I made a joke out of it and eventually we were all laughing about it, even Brad. Lila fell asleep toward the end after a thoroughly exhausting, but very enjoyable, day.

2 comments:

Mom & Bill said...

A few of those rides are REALLY old!! Not only did you guys ride on them when you were little, but I, too, rode on them when I was a child, back in the 1960's!! :-)))

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Quassy is the best! Love your pics of the kids enjoying the park. Makes us miss you guys more!