Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Fun

 Valentine's Day was such fun!  It started out with pet day at Sky's co-op and Sky shared her cat, Peanut.  Seriously, that is one good cat.  She came out of the cat carrier and let all of the kids hold and pet her!  Sky was so happy to be able to bring her to show her friends.  Sky had a party at her co-op class. 
Then we met Ken at BIOLA for an all-school Valentines lunch.  They even had a chocolate fountain.  It's funny that I took a pic of Brad in front of it because he doesn't even like chocolate!  But he sure looks cute, doesn't he? 
Ken got me pink tulips and chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day.  I shared with the girls and Lila definitely approved.
 Another gift that Ken gave me was to take care of the kids alone for a weekend while I went on a retreat to the mountains with the Talbot Wives Fellowship.  It even snowed about 1/2 inch which was just enough to make everything beautiful and not enough to strand us or cause any trouble. 
My friend Esther and her husband are from Nigeria and this was her first time ever seeing snow!  She was so excited. 
 We had a group of about 18 women and had lots of fun doing nails and facials.  The theme was soul spa and it really was a refreshing time.
 Beautiful!!!  We spent 3 hours of solitude with the Lord on Saturday morning and it was great to have that uninterrupted time!  A few years ago I wouldn't have seen the necessity in something like that but I sure appreciated that it was built into this weekend away. 

 The nature was awesome!  Sometimes I forget just how nature starved I am and then I get to place like this and remember how awesome God's creation really is.  The house we were staying in is a renewal/retreat center and it was decorated so nicely!  I got to room with another faculty wife and we had a lot of fun staying up late and chatting. 

1 comment:

Pepere and Memere said...

We're so glad that Peanut cooperated with Sky, she's come a long way from being a somewhat shy kitty. It must be all the love and attention she gets at home! The BIOLA lunch looks so yummyyyy! And lots of strawberries never hurt anyone either! We're so glad that Brad and Lila had a happy Valentine day too! That's cute about your friend Esther's first snow event. I remember the first time Kristen and Justin saw snow (they were 17 and 16)... They were so excited! We all had a blast with them in it.
Some of my most memorable moments when I lived in Calif. were up in the mountains, surrounded by God's beauty and love. I used to spend many hours watching the sun come up or go down. (That's when I had the energy to get up early and stay up late!) I'm so glad you had the opportunity for a wonderful time of fun, fellowship and love! Thank you Ken for holding down the fort. ♥ We love you all .....