Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day 2020

I’m grateful to all who have served to preserve our freedoms.  Both of my grandfathers served in WW2 and I always enjoyed their stories.  We were the lucky ones whose loved ones returned, but many didn’t and we remember them today.
My mom's dad, Livingston Crowell

                                                 My dad's father, Arthur LeClerc

One of the most powerful patriotic experiences I’ve had was attending my brother Eric’s graduation from USAF basic training.  My brother Gary and I flew in to Texas for the weekend and enjoyed celebrating with Eric.  The folding of the flag ceremony was especially touching.  I also was able to visit Eric while he was stationed in Japan.  Being a part of life on a military base, even for only 10 days, was simply amazing.  




In these dark days of Covid-19, when many worry about what will happen to our country, I gain confidence and hope from looking back to the strength and resolve of the past, knowing that we have a strong history and hoping for the continued enjoyment of our freedoms in the future.  


No comments: