Thursday, October 9, 2008

Loose Teeth

Last night as Sky was getting out of her bed after her nap time, she slipped on some papers in her bed and banged her mouth on the rail of her bed. There was a good deal of blood from a cut in the gums and also a great deal of crying. I initially thought the damage was limited to the gums but on further inspection, I noticed that one tooth was moved over a bit. Then I discovered that both top front teeth are loose. Ugh! Our dentist isn't in on Thursdays so we have an appointment for tomorrow at 12:30. Please pray that the teeth can be saved and won't fall out (3-4 years with no front teeth could be very difficult for a "princess"). Also, Sky is very apprehensive about the dentist. I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Oh, poor Sky. :o(
If you think it could help, you could tell her that Julia just went to her dentist last week and really liked it! She has sparkling teeth (like every princess needs) and a new toothbrush! Poor kid. Every day is an adventure, eh? We will pray for her. Hmm, I seem to remember a certain basketball player knocking out some teeth also, or am I mistaken???

Amy said...

Such a bummer. I had a similar thing happen when I was little, but amazingly my teeth tightened back up and I didn't lose them early. Have hers tightened back up at all? I'm sure that was very emotional!!

By the way, if you had pictured Brad in the chef costume complete with black curly mustache and chef's hat, THAT definitely would have won.!!! ;)I think the Mickey costume is quite adorable too. :)