Friday, May 1, 2009

Road Resurfacing

This morning we woke up to some serious machinery on our street-graders, street sweepers, dump trucks, etc. It seems we have entered the process of resurfacing our street. Our street really doesn't seem to need it (not by Connecticut standards anyway)-there are no pot holes-but apparently, as my grandmother always says, "men must dig". It provides great entertainment for Brad and his little friends that come over to play.
On another note, we found out yesterday that Sky got into the elementary school that we had hoped she could attend for kindergarten next year. It's a public school but it has a very strong BIOLA/Christian presence. This is, of course, assuming that we stay renting the house that we're in. If we move to another city we'll have to figure things out all over again. I can't believe that my sweet girl will be going to kindergarten!
I worry about all the things that I'm sure every parent worries about: is she ready? will she make friends? will she be able to handle an all day school routine? will she lead others or be a follower (she's had some trouble being a follower at preschool lately...)? will she enjoy school or loathe it? can we handle the homework? ETC.

1 comment:

Mom & Bill said...

Lori, All of the things you are concerned about I worried about, too, but I can tell you that many of those worries never became a problem. One of my priorities was to keep communication open (in a calm & casual way) so that, hopefully, you guys would feel comfortable to come to me with anything. The ride home from WWCA was always a good time of debriefing. And it is amazing the wisdom and discernment God gives through prayer. I would often remind myself that God loves our kids much more than we do and we can trust Him to watch over them. He is faithful. There may be "bumps in the road" along the way but we can handle anything with Him, a day at a time. All that you are feeling is what every caring parent feels. Sky will do fine. (Glad she got into Garden Hill.) Love, Mom P.S. I can picture Brad watching the "workin' men" & the heavy equipment.