Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Birthday

Hollywood sign is in the distance.



The city is in the background if you can see through the haze.



Everyone was pretty crabby by the end of the night.


It was a wonderful birthday weekend for me as I turned 35! We went to the Griffith Observatory with the whole family. Sky and I saw a star show (children under 5 weren't allowed). There are some pretty spectacular views of the city from up there as well as the famous Hollywood sign. Ken also bought not one but 2 birthday cakes for me! One was for my actual birthday and one was for the next day when we celebrated with friends. Ken also surprised me with a bird bath (we had been talking about getting one for a while now). Sky made 2 beautiful butterfly projects for me too.

2 comments:

Mom & Bill said...

So glad you had a great birthday, Lori! You were in my thoughts all day. Wish we could have been there to celebrate and eat cake with you!! May this be a wonderful year for you!

Gram said...

Glad you had a good birthday. Nice you have a birdbath. We have never had one. We had a sundial but it was getting lost in the bushes so we gave it to Mom and Bill. Bill has it in one of his gardens now.