Monday, February 8, 2010

Good Bye January!

January was a very challenging month for me. Between treating Lila's head/neck issues and some unexpected illnesses, I took Lila to 12 doctor's appointments, Brad 2 doctor's appointments, and the cat to her vet appointment. And, of course, ultimately ending up in the hospital on Jan. 31.
I also had 4 Saturdays alone with the kids while Ken taught his interterm class and a toilet flood on one of those days. Let's just say it was a rough month and I'll stop complaining. Unfortunately, February doesn't look like it's going to be any easier as I face more appointments for Lila and she will probably get her helmet this month.
I am thankful for Lila's improving health-I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I guess I'm just overwhelmed with trying to keep up with these 3 little people while being a support for Ken.

1 comment:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

I hear ya, Lori. When I have days like that, I call my mom and say, "How did you ever keep your sanity with seven kids + day care little ones on top?" It still baffles me. Here is a precious passage that makes me feel better on those days. Lamentations 3:21 This I recall to my mind; therefore have I hope. 22 [It is of] Jehovah's lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
Then I start humming Great is Thy Faithfulness automatically because I know it so well in my heart from all those years of singing the good ol hymns at Cheshire Bible Chapel. What a gift those church services were to my spirit. Good memories! Love you and praying you feel his strength today!