Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Steady Improvement











Lila slept most of the day today but she did wake up long enough to "talk" on the phone with her big sister Sky. Right before the picture was taken she was very fussy and crying and then when she heard Sky's voice she settled right down. Sky sang her a few songs and she just had the cutest look on her face. Sky and Brad are not allowed to visit the hospital during flu season (which is now) but they are planning on joining me for dinner in the basement cafeteria tomorrow while daddy gets his Lila fix.




I saw the doctor today and he seemed to think that we might be ready to leave by the end of the week. Lila continues to receive breathing treatments every 6 hours. She coughed up a lot of gunk today, which is good. I also let the nurse deep suction her with a catheder. She just couldn't fall asleep and kept choking and sputtering. Everyone here thought it would be a good move to speed up the recovery process. I didn't want to watch that so I took a walk but the nurse told me that she was able to get a lot of gunk out. She is now breathing with no rattle sound. She is very peaceful right now. The nurse also gave her a bath which she enjoyed.




I know that lots of people are concerned about my well being but I really am fine. I am very grateful that Lila is getting such good care and is getting better and, quite honestly, I'm enjoying this slower change of pace with less responsibilities. I am calling this Club Kaiser as it is a sort of vacation for me.




Ken is the one who is really taking the brunt of all of this chaos as he has to manage taking care of Sky and Brad as well as his job. We have had some wonderful friends help out with caring for the kids. I can't imagine how we would be managing without them!




I enjoyed a nice visit with my friend Amy tonight. She had watched Brad today and said that she caught Brad and her son Trevor sharing a rotten tomato from a plant in her yard. She said that Trevor doesn't even like tomatoes but he was eating it along with Brad. Brad does have a problem with eating food out of other people's gardens-ripe, not ripe, or over ripe, he eats it all.
My friend Christine is graciously picking up and dropping off Sky at school everyday this week, and even taking her after school to do special things. I tell ya, we have some wonderful friends!

3 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

You have wonderful friends because you are a wonderful friend. ;O) Love the pics. Lila is too beautiful. She can rock those hospital gowns like I never could. haha Continuing to pray for you all. Thanks for the update, so we know how to pray. Hugs to Lila!

Mom & Bill said...

Hi Lori, How good it was to see that sweet baby, Lila!! We are sorry for her little baby troubles but glad things are improving!!Despite her illness and all of the wires, etc., we think she looks good. (She looks different; seems she has filled out more since we saw her.)Keep getting better, Lila Tov!! We love you!! (P.S. Very cute about her listening to her big sis on the phone!!)

Ginny said...

So glad to hear an improvement! Still praying for you and Lila and the rest of the fam.