Saturday, August 7, 2010

Water Polo!

Yesterday we went on a bit of an adventure. I found out that my cousin Hayley (who lives in Florida and who I haven't seen in a few years) was playing on a water polo team in the water polo junio olympics here in Los Angeles. So, I packed Brad and Lila up in the car and drove the 45 minutes to get there. When we got there, Lila had pooped all over herself and the car seat so I cleaned all that up and thankfully had a clean outfit for her. Then I found out that there was a $15 entrance fee and I only had $12 cash and they didn't take credit card. Thankfully, the lady had pity on me and let me in for just $12. That was nice!
Things got better though. It was my first water polo game and I soooooo enjoyed it. The players are such awesome swimmers and the game moves really fast. This game was really close too. It ended with a tie.

Cousin Hayley, #7, warming up before the game with Brad looking on. It was so great to see Hayley and I just wish that we had more time to see her.






1 comment:

Mom & Bill said...

Lori, that was great of you to take the kids and go to the game! I had been wondering whether that would work out or not. Did Hayley know you were coming or did you surprise her? Yes, it would have been nice to have more time with her.