Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dad's 60th Birthday!

May 6 was my dad's 60th birthday! My brother Eric and his wife Michelle and adorable daughter Hannah all flew to CT from Arkansas. I flew to CT with Lila (as seen above on the airplane). We all flew in on his birthday so we celebrated the next day (Saturday). Gary cooked everyone an awesome brunch and then grilled out for dinner. The food was awesome thanks to him and my dad's wife Jeanne.


Hannah and Lila got some great time with Pepere! Here they are helping him open his presents.



My dad just finished a beautiful classic car, a 1955 Chevy. It's a real beauty!






We helped him wash the car and the windows and armor all the tires and interior.






Then we got to pile in and take it out for a spin. The engine in this car is an engine that Harold, Ken's dad, gave to my dad many years ago.















Pepere needed to test out the engine to see what it could do...








Later that day, my dad's best friend Carl and his wife came over for dinner. Also, my cousin Justin and Jeanne's son Evan came by to help celebrate. I wish I had thought to get a group picture!


Here's Gary getting ready to put the ribs on the grill.




More pictures to come of more adventures that we had in CT...













2 comments:

Mom & Bill said...

So nice that you could all be "in town" for Dad's 60th birthday celebration! (Special about the car engine being Harold's engine years ago, too!)

Pepere and Memere said...

What a fabulous time we all had! So many treasured memories stored in our heart! Thanks to all of you for making Dad's birthday something very, very special.....
We love you very much!