Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sky and Brad's Birthday

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping that this blog will help us stay in touch with all of our friends and family who are so far away. I thought I'd start by sharing some stories about Brad and Sky's birthday and birthday party. Their birthday was on Wednesday and we celebrated in Downtown Disney, a shopping area outside the park. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe and then stayed for a while and watched the fireworks that are set off at Disneyland every night. The best part was that their Auntie Michelle (Eric's wife) was here visiting and was able to celebrate with us.

We had their party on Friday. It was a princess/knight slaying the dragon party and we had a total of 21 kids here. I made a castle birthday cake and we played lots of fun games. The boys slayed a dragon pinata while the girls plundered a cardboard castle (that we had made from moving boxes). We also did a princess walk game (like a cake walk but with princess faces rather than numbers)and we played pin the crown on the princess. Every boy got an inflatable sword and every girl got an inflatable wand. Many of the girls came dressed as princesses. It was a blast!

4 comments:

michael & isaiah's Mommy said...

Hey Loops!

Just letting you know I popped in on your blog. Anyway you can make your pics larger.

Can you believe your little guy turned 1? I am in amazement, once again, that my little guy's birthday is in 7 weeks.

love to all, mel

Michelle said...

Hey Lori! The party looks like it was so much fun!! I am so glad I was able to be there for their birthday - I had such a great time in CA, I keep telling Eric all about it! We will be out again soon hopefully! Love, Michelle

Gram said...

Love your blog! Now I really wish that Gramp and I had been there for that party! I am sure all the kids had a great time. What a great idea when you celebrate two birthdays at the same time. I know you put a lot of work into the party, Lori. Get the brain cells working because it sure will be difficult to come up with anything that will top this one.

Mom & Bill said...

Hi Lori,
What a fun party! (Wish we could have been there!) Enjoyed the pics and story. Sky is such a big girl now at 4 and Brad can't be 1. Seems like yesterday we were in Cincy when he (finally) arrived.
Great idea to blog, Lori. We will visit often. (Is that the correct lingo?)
Lots of love, Mom & Bill