Friday, December 19, 2008

Doctor's appointments

Thursday was doctor appointment day. First I had an OB appointment and met with the doctor whose care I will be under during the pregnancy, Dr. Mason. We have Kaiser insurance which is a bit different from many other insurance companies. So, I could deliver with any of the 40 doctors who work at the labor/delivery area of the Kaiser hospital we will go to. They will not allow me to go so far past my due date as the doctors in Cincinnati did. She did an ultrasound and everything looks great. I'm at 12 weeks.
Thursday afternoon was Brad's 18 month check up. He had 1 shot but took it like a champ. He's in the 90th percentile for both height and weight. He's 34 inches tall and 30 lbs. His doctor is a really tall young guy and he really likes Brad. Both Brad and Sky recieved stickers for being so good.

2 comments:

Mom & Bill said...

Hi!!So glad to hear all is going well! Wow, 12 weeks along already! Probably seems longer for you, Lori, but am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better these days...Brad's Uncle Eric and Uncle Gary were always up in the 90th percentile on the pediatrician's charts, too. I remember at age 2 Gary was predicted to reach the adult height of 6'2"-6'6". Never quite made that height but maybe nephew Brad will. Lots of love, Mom & Bill

Heather said...

Hey Lori!
I love keeping up with your blog and hearing how you guys are doing. I imagine life is very different in CA but it sounds like it is full and you are really embracing the changes...3 kids wow! Really being outnumbered is completely do-able. : ) And the sibling dynamics can be really great too! I'm so happy for you guys. We really missed seeing you in CT but understand well how the distance means limited visits. One of these days we'll see each other again. : ) Oh and I wanted to tell you since I was born in the SanFran area my mom's dr and hospital was with Kaiser as well...and I turned out alright don't ya think? : ) Now be nice. : )