Monday, December 8, 2008

Wicked!


Last night I went to the Pantages Theater in Hollywood to see "Wicked". I went with my friend (and old roomate from Moody) Karen Collins. We took the train to get there which was also a good experience. I hadn't been on the trains at all and I found them very easy to navigate and use. Although I was surprised that no one ever checked to see if we had tickets or not. We rode with lots of people who were going to the Lakers game.

Karen has read the book "Wicked" but I have not. She said that the show was pretty different from the book. The show was really fantastic! It was based on The Wizard of Oz but it turned everything inside out. It portrayed the good witch as self absorbed and vain while the bad witch was seen as misunderstood and mistreated. Wicked told the story of the two witches as they were roomates in college together and how they became who they were. It was very entertaining. And the theater was so beautiful! It was a really fun night.

No comments: