Monday, December 15, 2008

The Week in Review

Wow! So, another week has gone by! I just can't seem to blog as frequently these days! I think I'll bame it on the pregnancy exhaustion. So what's happened in the last week in the life of the Way family? Ken finished his last week of teaching and now just has to administer final exams this week. Unfortunately he went over budget with his T.A. this semester so he has to do ALL of the end of semester grading himself. He also has big plans to write some entries for a new dictionary while he has some time off for Christmas break.
Last Tuesday we went to the story time at the library and also made some Christmas ornament crafts. I have been in charge of the crafts this year (as part of my role on the MOMS Club) and that one kinda snuck up on me.
We've been checking out a new church for this month. Our church in Costa Mesa is awesome but it's just so far and we really are not able to get involved there. So, we've been to 2 Christmas performances at this new church (which is walking distance from our house) as well as their Sunday services and Sunday school.
On Thursday I took the kids to Disneyland by myself and have concluded that I cannot handle that anymore. It's too difficult to fold/open the stroller while getting the kids on/off the tram, waiting in lines with the 2 of them, etc. We had fun but I was pretty tired by the end of it all.
I have been nauseous throughout this pregnancy so far but am hopeful that as I near the end of my first trimester that will improve. On Saturday I actually threw up (I haven't done that with either of the other kids).
Some friends watched our kids yesterday so that we could go to a Talbot faculty Christmas party. We had a nice time there. Yesterday Brad and Ken dressed in matching outfits and looked so cute together (pictures are coming).
Today is a rainy day in southern CA. Very unusual. I don't even think we own an umbrella... The last few nights we've been enjoying cozy evenings with a fire in the fireplace.

No comments: