Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Busy Times











Well, this week has certainly been a full one and it's only half over! On Monday Sky celebrated her birthday with her preschool friends at school. I made a cookie cake (by request) and brought in ice cream, whipped cream, and goody bags for the kids. Everyone looked very chocolatey as they left so I think everyone enjoyed themselves. That will be the only party Sky will have this year because of all the craziness with the move, new baby, etc.
Today we closed on our house!!! We now have the keys in our hands and the reality of it all is sinking in. We really do love that house and are so happy to have been able to enter the housing market when we did. It's in such a great location, so close to Ken's school, a beautiful park, Sky's school, etc. The for sale sign is still up but will be removed within a few days. But, we've already had 3 people see the sign, stop, and want to look at the house. We kindly tell them that it's not for sale anymore but are encouraged by the fact that it is so appealing to so many people. Good resale value, I think.
Our official move will be Friday night and we are so thankful for friends who have offered to help us. We've been moving things over little by little but I haven't been able to help much because of the pregnancy. I have actually been in terrible pain since Mon. It's sort of a leg/groin pain but I really feel incapacitated and frustrated and I experience the most pain when I try to sleep.
Today was also Sky's graduation from preschool. It was really cute. They marched in wearing a paper graduation cap, sang 8 songs, and received their diploma while telling the crowd what they want to be when they grow up. Sky said she wants to be a ballet teacher. The pictures came out really dark because there is a lot of light in the background but I will post them anyway (another day since my camera is at the new house). We let Sky choose where she wanted to go for lunch and she chose Chipotle for a chicken burrito.
Tomorrow is Sky and Brad's birthday. We will be taking the day to spend together as a family. I was hoping to go to a local amusement park (our Disneyland passes are blacked out for tomorrow otherwise we would go there) but I'm not sure my body can handle a day at the amusement park at this point. So, we may go to SPLASH, the local water park or we may just lay low and relax. We'll see...

3 comments:

Mom & Bill said...

Happy birthday to Sky and Brad!!WOW!! What an exciting week!! Lots of milestones and big stuff!Congrats to you on your beautiful new home! Congrats to Sky on her graduation!Prayers for your pain, Lori, and for the move!!Have a special day all together! Sending lots of love & hugs!

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Wow, so much for you to post about! :o) God is blessing! I will keep you in my prayers, Lori. Its just plain ouchy at the end, so I will think of you and pray often. Happy Birthday to your little ones! I hope you all enjoy your special day together. Hugs from CT!

Mom & Bill said...

Don't know how I missed the graduation pics the first time we looked at the "Busy Times" post!(I am sure having dial-up has something to do with it!) Sky looks so dressed up in her beautiful dress and we love her graduation cap. She looks very happy and proud. Grandma B. and Uncle Bill are very proud of her, too!(Any tears saying her good-byes?)