Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Shower!




Yesterday some friends from church threw a wonderful baby shower to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Lila. My friend Amy hosted the shower and it was decorated so nicely and the food was so good. Since we are still kind of new to the church, we played a get to know you game as well as a find the safety pins in a bowl of rice game, and design what you think Lila will look like using baby magazine pictures (that's what's on the plates in the pictures).
I received lots of diapers (which is what I was hoping for) as well as some cash to hire someone to help with cleaning (that will really come in handy as we're moving!), some cute outfits, gift card, and some really nice handmade things like a blanket and nursing cover. It was a really nice day! When I was showing the family the gifts I had received, Sky scooped up all the bows and made a collection.

2 comments:

Gram said...

How wonderful that the girls from the church gave you a Baby Shower! I know you has a collection of clothing so was glad that you received diapers and how nice to have some money for a cleaning lady. Guess I will have to to that someday because I do very little housework.

Mom & Bill said...

How wonderful to have a baby shower and make new friends at the same time! And what thoughtful gifts!! Love4Lyla!!