Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blessings

The "celebration Birth day" dinner at the hospital-it looks better than it was!
Maybe someday she'll grow into this swing!

Our friend Christine (who watched Sky and Brad while we were at the hospital) and her two boys, Timi and Michael.


The very proud big sister, Sky!



I feel like this summer has been a summer of tremendous blessings! Not only were we able to buy a home that is in the exact neighborhood we were hoping for and even closer to Ken's school, but we also had our friend Becky (an interior designer from Cincinnati) come and help us decorate and Ken's brother Brian and sister in law Tammy come and help us install appliances and get everything in general working order. Not to mention all of the friends who helped us move to our new house.




Then there's the blessing of Lila! We're so thankful for my friend Christine who watched Sky and Brad (along with her 2 boys as well!) while we were in the hospital. I felt such a peace about leaving them with her as she is such a gentle, patient person and the kids really enjoyed themselves with her. She even showed up today with a bag of newborn clothes for Lila.




We're thankful for an awesome delivery with minimal pain and recovery issues. I'll try to blog the birth story soon (before I forget it). We're thankful for a healthy baby! We had a doctor's appointment for Lila today and everything seemed to be really great. She has lost some weight-she started at 6lbs. 13 oz. and is now at 6lbs. 5 oz. but the doctor said that is normal. It's a little scary for me as I'm not used to such a small baby!




My friend Amy threw me a baby shower and is also organizing meals for us to be delivered every other day for a month (by friends from church and school). Ken's mom is here now and is helping so much with the day to day housework and also with suprevising and loving on Sky and Brad during this time of transition.




And then there's my wonderful husband who picks up the slack in about a million different ways and supports me even beyond what is necessary. I definitely feel blessed!




This is not to say that there aren't trials right now and that we don't need prayers anymore! I always have a terrible time with breastfeeding initially and I am in the midst of that right now. It is awfully painful for me for the first few weeks. Also, as most babies do, Lila has her days and nights mixed up. She sleeps all day despite our best efforts to keep her awake and she is up all night long and wanting to feed, feed, feed (ouch, ouch, ouch!)! Also, Sky and Brad are handling the transition pretty well but they could use prayer for understanding and patience as well.

2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

So, does this mean we are going to see postings from all odd hours of the night cuz you are up with Lila? :o) You are in my prayers, dear friend. What a beautiful family you have! And, boy, Lila is a little peanut...so precious! Can you email me your new address when you get a spare moment? is that funny....spare moment? :o) hugs

Mom & Bill said...

You certainly have had wonderful blessings!! Countless "God stories!" His timing has been amazing to see!! Bill says that God has parted the Red Sea for you guys so many times! We are blessed to share in your joy! Love and prayers, Mom & Bill