Monday, September 8, 2008

Birthday Fun Continued!






















On my birthday, we went to a welcome back to school beach party at Huntington Beach with the Talbot Wives group. It was so much fun. Whenever we go to the beach, both kids just roll in the sand. So, it is always a very sandy experience. The days of keeping the beach towel clean and laying out in the sun are over (for now). We brought cookies to the beach and both kids got sand on the cookies and then ate them. Ken refused Brad's offer of a bite of sandy cookie.




We didn't get to stay for the whole time though since Ken and I had plans to go to a concert that night. Our friend, Robert Denham, is a theory and composition music professor at BIOLA and he recently composed and wrote a series of songs about Sutter Creek, a minig town north of here where his grandparents lived. It was such an amazing show! We enjoyed it so much and now we want to visit Sutter Creek sometime.




According to my life's motto, "All things in moderation" (I'm being sarcastic, those of you who know me, know that is NOT my life's motto), we went to Disneyland last night to see the Pixar play parade at California Adventure. It was truly amazing!




This morning I dropped Sky off at preschool for the first time and there were no tears. I know it will be an anxious week or two for her though so please keep praying. Thanks!

No comments: