Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Preschool, Day 2

Today was Sky's second day of preschool and she was a lot more apprehensive this morning. In the car on the way there, she kept talking about how "she really isn't that big..." and when I tried to leave, she cried and clung to me. I said that I needed to leave but that I would be back soon and walked out the door. When I picked her up later Ms. Kathy said that she was fine after I left. Please continue to pray that Sky will settle into her new routine and feel comfortable with school.
After we dropped her off, Brad and I went for a walk around the duck pond. Too fun! When we got back home he went for his morning nap and I did 2 loads of laundry and cleaned out the fridge and freezer. Awesome!

2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Lori,
Does Sky go to Sunday School no problem or is she also anxious there? Just wondering. Julia does well in her SS and also went just fine to VBS at a friends church. I thought that this might mean an easy transition to school, but I guess you never can tell. My heart goes out to Sky. We will pray she warms up quickly! Im sure by the time you pick her up she has lots of fun things to talk about. Thats cute, "Im not so big after all". How precious!

Heather said...

Hey Lori - I remember Isaac being apprehensive and thoughtful about things too and I watched him adjust to new situations after a time - as he grew older, reasoning skills really helped with his adjustment and I think just the realization that he would truly be ok and we would always come back for him. I'll be praying for Sky and for you too - I know it's hard on a mom to see her child uncertain or upset. It seems like something we have to learn pretty early on as parents - leaving them in God's hands. I also celebrate the new phase of life this means for you and Brad and some Lori time too! Yeah for a clean frig - that is quite an accomplishment!! Love you friend.