Thursday, September 4, 2008

Way Happenings

I've been a total computer junkie lately. It started with blogging which I've discovered is a great way to journal daily as well as keep loved ones who live far away posted about our lives. Then we got a new, much faster computer which made computer time much more enjoyable. Then my friend Amy introduced me to facebook and now I'm completely hopeless. Facebook is so cool! I've connected with so many people already. Family like my brothers and cousins, former students from Chicago, friends from Cincinnati, friends from college, friends from high school, and even new friends who live right here in La Mirada have profiles on facebook. I just signed up on Monday night and I already have over 70 "friends". It's very addicting.
Ken has started teaching again. He has an overload semester with 12 units. He actually subbed for a professor today. The other professor has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's and started treatment immediately.
Yesterday we went to a MOMS Club playgroup and they had a big inflatable pool with waterslide. I didn't think Sky would want to go down the slide but she really surprised me. I guess all that water slide action in Palm Springs gave her the courage she needed.
We had our good friends the Denhams over for a playdate today. My friend Jolene is due with baby #3 in a few weeks so we mostly sat in front of a fan while the kids played. Brad LOVES having company over. He gets very busy and interactive. He was running around with a pink princess crown on his head today.
Tomorrow is a preschool Open House day so Sky and I will stop by and meet her teachers. She starts school on Monday. I am so excited and really hope that this will be a good experience for her! I had to assemble an emergency pack for her with canned foods, drinks, and even a solar blanket. I have no idea what all that is about. Like if something bad were to happen I would leave her at preschool! I guess it must give some parents peace of mind...
This weekend promises to be fun as I will milk it for all it's worth in celebrating my birthday. I'm sure I'll have some good blogs for that!

No comments: