Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Party Mode

Pirate Brad


A recent MOMS Club trip to the local airport.






I haven't done much on the blog lately because I've been in party mode. This Friday Sky turns 6 and Brad turns 3 and we are going to have a big birthday bash. It will be a mermaid/pirate theme and I've been busy gathering supplies and planning things. I LOVE parties and I love planning fun stuff too so I'm just having way too much fun! The birthday will be extra special because Ken's mom is going to be here for a week to help us celebrate.
On a different note, Ken recenty took Brad for a doctor's appointment. Brad's doctor is a really tall, young guy with a shaved bald head. While in the room with him, Brad kept whispering to Ken but Ken couldn't understand what he was saying. So, Ken said, "Brad, are you trying to tell the doctor something?" To which Brad replied, "You're head looks like an apple." Apparently the doctor roared with laughter to the point of tears and even let Brad touch the "apple head". And Ken just wanted to crawl under his seat in embarrassment. Just another day in the life of a parent of an almost 3 year old!

3 comments:

Mom & Bill said...

Great pirate costume!! (Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.) I can sense your enthusiasm, Lori, ("party mode"). Sounds like it will be a really crazy day but lots of fun! Can't believe they're 3 & 6 already! So nice that Jean can be there for the birthday bash! Sending love and hugs to the 2 birthday kids!! Looking forward to seeing Sky's costume, too, and the party pics! Enjoy!!

Mom & Bill said...

Quite a story about Brad's MD appointment! "Kids!" Reminds me of the time I was on the phone for quite a while with someone, and when I hung up I mentioned that she "likes to talk." Well, the following Sunday at church you went up to this person and said, "My mommy said you talk too much." UGH!! Embarrassing!! Obviously you hadn't quoted me exactly, but you had the idea. I don't recall how I back-peddled out of that one.

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Woohoo! Party, party. I can relate to you...I also love to plan a fun party...theme, decorations, games, cake. Im looking forward to seeing pics! And a very happy birthday to Sky and Brad! :o)Have fun!

ps...love the apple story. hehe