Friday, July 25, 2008

The Citadel and a goofy pirate show

Ken's mom is back home in Connecticut now but we sure did have a fun time with her. On Wednesday, we went to an outlet mall called The Citadel. The first time we saw it from the highway was last fall and Ken just about wet his pants. There are giant Persian statues outside the outlets. So, we've been wanting to go there ever since, me for the shopping and Ken for the exploration of the statues. It was a neat string of outlets with some good deals. The Carter's outlet store was my favorite and I actually bought a few things for Brad. I also stocked up on some baby items that were dirt cheap for the Talbot wives who are having babies this year.
Yesterday I took the kids to the library for Sky to get another prize for the reading program and check out some more books and DVDs. While we were there, we realized that there was going to be a pirate magic show that afternoon. So, we stayed for that. The children's librarian has really taken a liking to Sky and she let us in early, before everyone else, even though we were towards the end of the line. The show was pretty cheesey but it held Sky (and even Brad's) attention for a while.
Last night I went scrapbooking at Ken's secretary's house. She hosts a crop almost every Thursday night and she lets everyone use her stuff. Everyone works around a huge covered pool table so there's lots of room.
Our crops are really growing. We have grapes galore, which is good because Brad eats grapes by the bunch. I had initially thought of making grape jam but I don't think Brad will leave enough grapes for that. There are buds on our watermelon, squash, and cucumber plants. I will post some pictures of them on the blog soon.

No comments: