Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake!

Now we can say that we have experienced our first major earthquake. I was at the park with the kids and had just sat down on the ground to put Brad's sandals back on when all of the trees shook at once and I felt the ground shake under me. It was weird but really not that scary. I think Ken had a scarier experience as he was in his subterranean office under the chapel building (probably not the best place to be during an earthquake). He was smart and went under his desk when he felt the shaking begin. Some things were knocked off his bookshelves and his pictures on the wall were knocked crooked but no real damage. And no visible damage to the house that I could see when I returned home. I guess the earthquake origin was in Chino Hills which is about 15 minutes away and it was a 5.8 on the scale. I didn't feel any aftershocks but Ken said that he did. So, please don't worry-we're not buried in a pile of rubble or anything.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Yo Lo! I think you're a hottie!

Gram said...

Hello again! Seems as if this happens every time. I get something ready to send and it will not accept my password. I copied it so I would have it and then Google had me copy an address so I could reset my password so of course all that I had written before was gone. So - will start again. I hadn't checked your Blog in a while so decided today was a good time to see if you had written anything. They interrupted the prgram that Gramp and I were watching to tell us about the earthquake so I certainly was happy to find an entry for today. Good thing you were sitting down when it struck of you might have fallen over. We didn't know that Ken's office was subterranean. Yes! That would have been scary. We are certainky glad that none of you were injured and that the house shows no visable signs of damage. We know that you are in an area where you can expect quaakes but let's hope that this is the worst you will ever have. We have been having more hot weather than normal and have been using the A/C much of the time. We keep busy with doctor's appointments. I had a mammogram on Monday and went to the podiatrist today. Had never been to one but the nails on my second toes were so thick I couldn't cut them. He had no trouble at all and I was out in ten minutes. Hope I can get this to go through. Love, Gram