Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Potlucks and Picnics

Yesterday the MOMS club had a potluck picnic in the park. I brought a whole watermelon which was quickly snarfed down by the hungry, sweaty children. We also had a pinata there and Sky and Brad enjoyed playing on the swings. It was another beautiful day in sunny California. Last night we went to a fellow professor's house for dinner. They have 3 kids who are a bit older and Sky LOVES playing there. We didn't see much of her the whole night and she kept asking when we would be going to their house all day yesterday. The youngest boy, Aidan, who is 5 years old, has a crush on Sky and they are really cute together. The oldest girl, Maddie, who is 10 years old is really great with Sky too and Sky adores her. She sometimes pretends to be Maddie when we are at home. It was a really nice evening. We had a delicious dinner of shrimp and chicken shish ka bobs and rice outside on the patio. Our friends Robert (also a professor) and Jolene and their 2 kids were there too. It was a fun day.

1 comment:

Mom & Bill said...

Hi, What a fun day you had! I am always telling everyone about the great weather you have and that there is rarely a problem with an outdoor activity! When you mentioned the crush Aidan has on Sky it reminded me of my "boyfriend," Timmy when we were 5. Keep your eye on those 2. Timmy and I used to kiss, (on the cheek), up in my bedroom. I would never let him kiss me on the lips because I thought that was how you get pregnant and I didn't want that to happen... Hey, how is Jolene doing? I have forgotten when she is due. Girl or boy?