Friday, July 18, 2008

A Day at Home

Today was a day at home. Yes, every once in a while we actually stay home for the day! The kids spent the afternoon swimming in their kiddie pool on the patio. Brad was wearing a swimmie diaper but he pooped and it leaked out into the pool. If it's not one, it's the other... There were 3 people connected with Talbot who came over and went through the baby stuff and took what they could use. I still have so much but I know it will eventually go.
Today we also received our new computer which we purchased with our economic stimulus check. Our old computer keeps giving us a "virtual memory is low" warning so we knew we needed to make a move before the computer crashed.
Our wonderful neighbor (and wife of a Talbot colleague), Susan, came over with some hair scrunchies that she made for Sky. Sky was thrilled and will have fun wearing them.
Then we did some cleaning and I took the kids for a wagon ride around the neighborhood. They were both screaming, trying to out do each other. I'm sure the neighbors loved that!

1 comment:

Gram said...

I forget to go to your blog and when I do you have added several days. You sure do have your poop problems. I think the worse one was with Sky on the plane. I get tired just thinking about all the things you do. I would think that you would need a day at home once in a while. I have known about See's Candy for a long time. Aunt May had a niece who lived in CA and she used to send her some. She usually gave me some and one time she gave me a catalog. I ordered a big box of pops. They were yummy. I feel sorry for Julie and her little boy, Jayden. I thought that God was good to us, giving us 4 normal ( whatever that is) children. It must be dificult to have all the worries that go with a child like that. here was a saying," You have to eat a peck of dirt before you die." Don't let Brad eat too much. A neighbor has a team - a horse and a mule. I think I have a picture of them. Isn't a mule like a donkey? I used to know about them but I have forgotten. Glad you got a little rain. We could use some now. We were getting some like every other day but haven't had any for a while. We have thunder shower warnings till 9 p.m. tonight but haven't heard anything. Hope Ken does well with teaching the Old Testament in 2 hours. That doesn't sound like enough time. Bowling sounds interesting. Don't think I have bowled since John had a birthday party at the allys in Thomaston and then we all went to Dav's for pizza. Hope all is well out there. Love, Gram