Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Being Appreciated


Today I took Sky to the doctor for her TB test for preschool. Sky was crying hysterically before we even entered the doctor's office. Everytime she cried, Brad cried. Then they both cried all the way home in the car. Many people looked on in amazement and horror. I was thinking to myself, "Ok, it's going to be one of THOSE days!".
Then the doorbell rang and I was handed the most beautiful assortment of chocolate dipped fruit I have ever seen. It was an Edible Arrangement and it was from the dean of Talbot and his wife, saying thanks to me for helping out with the Talbot students and their wives. Wow! All the crying stopped. The power of chocolate is amazing.
I feel so appreciated and loved (and it definitely helped me get through the day). The Talbot community is great!

1 comment:

Mom & Bill said...

Isn't God good?? He knows just what we need. What a wonderful encouragement to receive that gift of appreciation. God truly sees ALL that you do as wife, mom, friend, helper, giver, and His daughter! How great to be part of the Talbot community!
Gal. 6:10 Love from us!