Sunday, August 10, 2008

Irvine Regional Park











Yesterday Ken watched the kids while I got a perm. My hair is a bit crazy right now-move over Dianna Ross! Then we went to Chipotle for lunch and then to the mall. While at the mall, the kids saw Abby Cadabby (of Sesame Street). Ken bought them some chocolate covered raisins at See's Candy (a California favorite), which Sky proceeded to dump all over the floor in the middle of the mall. Then the race was on to pick them up before Brad ate them off the floor. Never a dull moment...


The Irvine Regional Park is about 30 minutes away from us and I had won a free train ride at the MOMS Club dinner a few months ago so we thought we'd give it a try today. The train ride was pretty short but the kids enjoyed it. It even went through a small tunnel.


Then we visited the Orange County Zoo, which was a very small zoo, but it was big enough for the kids to run around and see the animals. Sky enjoyed feeding the goats and sheep. I thought the bear was probably their best animal. He was pretty cool and very active.


We also spent some time at the playground and Brad enjoyed his first sno cone. The park also rents bikes, paddle boats and offers pony rides. We will come back another day to enjoy those activities. The paddle boats look like giant tractors and the bikes have side by side seats so that two people can ride together. That will be fun when Brad is old enough not to jump off the bike.


So we came home with 2 very tired and dirty kids and Ken and I had big plans to put them to bed early and work outside in the garen/patio when it wasn't so hot.


Unfortunately, Brad used his head to dismount his tricycle and we spent a few hours in the emergency room instead. He initially had quite a nasty knot on his head but the ice really took the swelling down and he seems fine. He did have to have a CT scan (which you can imagine was loads of fun). Ken stayed with him for that while I waited outside with Sky. We could hear the wailing all the way in the waiting room. We will visit his doctor tomorrow (missing a watermelon picking activity with the MOMS Club) for another checkup just to make sure that everything is all right. Keep checking the blog for some before and after pictures of Brad's head. I'm sure this is just the first of many emergency room visits for him!


1 comment:

Amy said...

OH NO!!! Poor, poor Brad!! :(

I love all of your outings! I think you've done more in Cali. than me...and I've lived here all of my life. The energy of your family amazes me (mainly yours!! :)