Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Relatives in Los Angeles!





Today we met some relatives that I have right here in LA! My grandmother's first cousin, Millie, and her husband, Jim treated us for dinner tonight at a restaurant near their home. We had such a nice time together and I hope we will be able to see them periodically. It's just so comforting to know that I have some relatives nearby. Millie told me about growing up with my grandmother and she commented on how much I look like my grandmother. Jim told us about his family and how he met Millie and about his work as a pathologist, etc. Millie also showed me pictures of their kids and grandkids. They have 9 grandkids! We really enjoyed getting to know them and they were very patient and sweet with Sky and Brad in the restaurant.

After we had dinner with them we took the kids to the aquarium. Our membership expires soon and we wanted to get one last visit in before that happens. We let Brad out of his stroller and he was just running everywhere. He has only 1 speed and that's FAST. As you can see in the pictures, Brad moved away before the camera could capture the images. He climbed a huge flight of steps and ran through every hallway in the aquarium. I can't really tell you what we saw because it was all a blur. And then he didn't even fall asleep on the ride home. He's a wild man! We bought Sky a stuffed Orca whale in the gift shop because she really needs more stuffed animals. She only has about 500. But she's not spoiled...


No comments: