Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bowling



Sky in her bowling shoes!



Wednesdays will be my tough day this semester as Ken will be at school all day and then has a class from 6-9:30pm. Today was my first official Wednesday of the semester and Ken's first official day back teaching. I actually had a wonderful day!


In the morning, a friend from Talbot, Amy Olson (some of you have an awesome purse that she made), and her 2 kids stopped by. The kids played and we had a great time of talking and catching up on life. Her husband has to go in for nasal surgery next week and they just found black and white mold in both bathrooms of the house they are renting so they could really use your prayers as they have a lot going on right now! Please pray that God will provide what they need for the surgery costs (they have minimal insurance) and that Derek would recover quickly and not fall behind with his classes due to the surgery. Thanks!


Then this afternoon we went bowling with the MOMS club and had a really great time. The place we went to put up bumpers so that the kids couldn't get any gutter balls and they also had a metal ramp that the kids could use to push their balls down (so as to gather momentum and actually knock down the pins). Sky's final score was 83. She was more into dancing on the floor in between turns but she had a blast. Sky really liked her bowling shoes too.


I learned something new about bowling alleys. I always thought that the shiny alley floor was due to extra laquer. No. The shiny floor is shiny due to oil and that oil is VERY SLIPPERY. Don't ask me how I learned this!


Ok, I'll tell you. Sky's ball was going so slowly that I thought I would just give it an extra nudge toward the pins. BANG! Down I went. Thankfully I landed on my hands and only have a sore palm to show for my stupidity. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of that one!


Then tonight, while Ken was gone at school, I watched Sky's friend Charlyse so that her parents could counsel with someone from their church. This actually made the night go by faster as she and Sky played so nicely together and I only had to watch Brad. I offered to do it again as it went so well.

3 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Oh, Im so glad you didnt break anything! Were you sore the next day? BYW, great pics of the kids. They are too precious!

Amy said...

Thanks, Friend! You're the best! I can't wait to hang out again on Monday.

Oh man! So sad to hear about the "big spill" at the bowling alley. But I am glad to hear that Sky actually bowled...and enjoyed it!! So fun! I can't wait to take our kids someday.

Mom & Bill said...

We are lovin' your stories and all of the pics!...Bowling is such fun! Glad you were OK after the fall. Hope your hand is better...Prayers are going up for Derek & Amy.(Love the "Amy" purse!!)...Special prayers for extra grace on Weds.-your tough days, Lori...Nice that Sky can have friends over to enjoy time with! Miss you and love you, Mom & Bill