Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Breakfast Chaos

When I stepped into the shower, everyone was happily waking up and Ken was cooking up some french toast for Sky for breakfast. When I stepped out of the shower, everyone was crying (except Ken but I think he was about to start). Apparently, during my brief shower, Sky rejected the french toast Ken had made, Ken made her some oatmeal instead, Sky rejected the oatmeal and said she would eat the french toast after all. After Ken scooped the oatmeal into the trash, Sky changed her mind yet again and started crying that she wanted the oatmeal. More crying when Brad showed up on the scene after destroying a flower she had. More crying when Ken refused to make anything new-french toast or nothing.
Meanwhile, Brad is crying from the time out he received for ruining Sky's flower. Then to add frustration to Ken's already frustrating morning, he asks for chicken soup for breakfast. Seriously??!! I tell Brad that I will prepare some soup for him after I get dressed. Brad sees Ken's breakfast of English muffins and decides that's what he wants to eat, Ken's muffins. Ken says no. Brad cries. I make Brad soup, and, yes, that is what he wanted! He ate the whole can in one sitting. All of this and it's not even 8am!

2 comments:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Nat had peanut butter and fluff sandwich this morning. Conventional bowl of cereal for breakfast? are you kidding? what kids wants that? (its only sugar floating in milk anyway!) lol

Mom & Bill said...

"Someday you'll miss all of that."(Don't you hate when people say that?)
Seriously, I would hold a family meeting. (Remember them, Lori?) And I would say- "This is not a restaurant! And because of all of the fusing and crying about what to eat, you will get ONE choice, (so think carefully), and that is it! Eat it or have nothing. And if you cry about it, you will be disciplined."
Love you guys!!!