Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Weekend

We started out our weekend with an enjoyable dinner at Neff Park with some friends from church. The kids played really nicely together and the adults were able to chat together. After we put the kids to bed that night we watched Marley and Me. It was a cute movie. I thought it might make us want to get a dog. It didn't. It did make us see our need for a video camera though.
On Saturday Sky and I went to the library used book sale because we have such a lack of books at our house... It was fun to watch her get excited to find some books she's interested in. We've been enjoying the A to Z Mystery books together and Ken has been reading through the Magic Tree House series with her. Brad is really into trucks right now so we were able to find some truck books for him.
A babysitter came for the afternoon and took the kids to the BIOLA pool and also the park. They were pretty wasted when we got home! Ken and I (and Lila) went to a jeweler to get my wedding rings reset. We're also going to resize an amethyst ring that has been passed down in my family. I'll post some pictures of the new rings as soon as we get them. We also went out for lunch and we explored a new mall that we had never been to. It was a fun afternoon out and about.
Last night we put the kids to bed and Sky woke up around 10:30 covered in vomit and diarrhea! She (and Lila) was the only one who had escaped the epidemic 2 weeks ago and I guess it finally caught up to her. Whatever this is, it is nasty!
So, we're skipping church this week. Actually, we have a contractor here right now replacing our back door (the window broke in our old door). So, we're all hanging out right now. Sky is "reading" through her new stack of books. Brad is enamored with the workers. Ken is grading an endless stack of papers. Lila is watching a Baby Einstein movie. It's a kick back Sunday. Hopefully there won't be any more sickness!

1 comment:

Cup of Joe with three sugars said...

Oh man, we had that sickness and you are right...it is a bad one! I havent felt that sick in a loooong time. We all got it, and that made me go out a buy a SpotBot, by Bissell. Ya, enough said. Gross. But I love my new machine. Im going to do my cars with it next! :o) Poor Sky, hope she feels better soon. We love you guys!!!