Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Brad thought the seaweed was pretty interesting.






I could not resist getting this bathing suit for Lila! It just fits her little personality so perfectly.








Brad diabolically mixing up some strange concoction.





Our sweet girl Lila enjoying a few veggie straws.





Sky wanted us to bury her in the sand.






Everyone was super tired after spending almost 5 hours at the beach. Brad and Sky totally crashed in the car on the way home.











We eventually had to leave when Ken started suffering from heat stroke (just kidding!).








After Sky swam, she would roll around in the sand like this. She was totally COVERED in sand by the end of the day! Notice her front teeth missing! She lost her 2nd front tooth on Friday at school while biting into a cracker. The tooth fairy usually brings a gift and brought her some sparkly bangle bracelets.




















It was a great Mother's Day weekend for me! On Friday Ken came home early from work and I went and got my hair cut. I decided to be brave and go for something new so my hair is much shorter now but I really like it. It will be cooler for the summer and it's still easy to do. I wanted it to be like the old Kate Gosselin hairdo (of John and Kate Plus Eight) and it looks like that, just curly rather than straight. Ken bought some flowers at Lowes that night and planted them in our flower beds this weekend. Sky gave me the coolest candle from school, it has her picture on it somehow.








On Saturday we went to the beach. It was Lila's first trip to the beach and Brad didn't remember the beach from when we've been in the past with him. We told him how there would be lots of sand to play in. When we drove up to the beach he got very upset because there were "all these people in the way". Apparently he thought we would have the whole beach to ourselves. We all had a great time. Brad enjoyed playing in the sand and eating from the picnic basket all day long. Sky really enjoyed swimming in the water. Lila just took it all in. Ken took Sky and Brad to the beach playground for a while and Lila slept under the tent so I got the chance to lay out. That's such a treat!
I also got a pedicure for Mother's Day so now I have bright purple toes! Thanks to Ken and the kids for making me feel so special this weekend! I'm so thankful for my awesome family!

2 comments:

Christine Monafu said...

Oh my gosh! I got purple toes too! How awesome! Great minds think alike :) SO happy for your nice day at the beach. You really needed a break. I hope we can enjoy many more beach days this summer together.

Mom & Bill said...

Honestly, Lori, I couldn't be happier for you--having such a great family and a wonderful Mother's day! Thanks so much for sharing the fun stories and pics about your weekend!! So enjoyable to read about and see!