Thursday, May 6, 2010

Traffic Lights

The fine for running a traffic light around here is about $500! Thankfully we have never been caught running a red light (not like we do it on purpose!).
I've been talking to Brad about traffic lights and what each color means. Here's how our conversation went:
Me: The light is turning red. What do I need to do?
Brad: STOP!
Me: Now it's green. What should I do?
Brad: GO!
Me: What does the yellow light mean?
Brad: Swoop down!
Too funny!

Another traffic light related story:
When Eric and Michelle were visiting, they were following behind me on the way home from Knott's Berry Farm and the light turned yellow. Not wanting to lose them, I stopped quickly and, much to my surprise, Brad's whole car seat (with Brad in it) fell to the floor. Thankfully Brad wasn't hurt and he thought it was funny (Eric and Michelle saw the whole thing from the car behind us and got a good laugh too). Later when I investigated, I found out that Sky had unclicked his buckle. Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Mom & Bill said...

We certainly do enjoy all of the "out of the mouths of babes" stories!!Too funny!

The story about Brad & the car seat was pretty funny! Made me think of the time when Gary was a baby and I had put him into the car (after groc. shopping), but had forgotten to buckle him in. I turned a corner and he, (in his "bucket") flipped off the seat and onto the floor.(His snowsuit was good padding so he didn't cry.) I pulled over as soon as I could, picked him up, and apologizing profusely, got him belted in properly. Needless to say, I felt like a terrible mother that day!